In my last post I forgot to mention THE IRRITANT! The unsatisfiable tourist. At dinner, people were exchanging stories of what each of us had seen and there was this couple with a kid who kept grumbling that they had not seen the tiger. Out of courtesy, I asked them which zone they had been to. They said they had been to zone 1 and the only saw sanbars, leopards, spotted dear and peacocks. My head reeled and I asked them they saw a leopard? They said yes, and they had followed the leopard on the road for ten minutes! But to them it does not compare to a tiger! This I could not understand at all!!! I have been searching for a sighting of sloth bear and leopard in multiple parks and never had I caught sight of them. Meeting such people who do not respect what they see is appalling. Especially when leopards are getting extinct in India at a very fast pace. We need to have a system for educating the people to nature at large and not just to the majestic tiger.
Heres to me seeing leopard (hopefully) soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment