Sunday, July 11, 2010

The lazy day 3 at Ranthambore

Given the great sighting which we managed on Day 2, we decided to take it east on Day 3.  my friend wanted to visit dastkar haat, which is a great program for local women at ranthambore. Read more about dastkar here.

The one in the middle of Ranthambore town was shut as it was the middle on the summer months, and the lack of tourists didnt make commercial sense.  So we went to their main outlet at Sherpur. It was a really great place.   Local women were weaving right there and had many small things to pick up.  I bought myself a nicely woven bed sheet and some cushion covers!

The regular lunch feast after our return followed.  We also had a nice swim at the pool.  In my case holding on to the edges of the pool as I cant swim! Need to learn soon though!

We left ranthambore by the evening 9 o clock train bringing an end to our beautiful holiday.  I will be back there for sure.  I need to photograph T2 still! Hopefully in December this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment